RSS

Chick'N Lick'N (Vriesland, MI)


Chick’N Lick’N
6420 Byron Rd. 
Vriesland, MI
  616-741-5544

Hours:  Mon-Sat. 11-9pm Sun. 11-8pm (per their menu, I do know they change their hours)
--------------------------------------------------

The Arrival …

I arrived at Chick’n Lick’N in Vriesland, MI at about 6:30PM.  I had placed an order to go by phone.  It is located in the same building as the Vriesland Country Store.  I didn’t have to even go inside the restuarnt for this order because they have a drive thru for pick ups!  A man opened the window and asked me for the name (who I now find out is the owner of the restaurant), he rang me up and said it would be just a moment because they are packing it up right now.  He then came back to the window handed me out the bag and said your all set and thank you.  I drove back to the hotel with my very yummy smelling food.  I arrived at the hotel created a plate of all the items I ordered and then sat down with my family to start tasting.





Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy (family)—These mashed potatoes were a nice consistency, not lumpy or runny, the chicken gravy with pieces of chicken in it was VERY good!  Overall these were a really nice mashed potato!
OVERALL RATING  -  4

Mac Cheese Triangles (6pc) - Nicely fried and crispy on the outside, the mac and cheese in the center was good.  Overall a nice flavor.
OVERALL RATING - 3

Crinkle Cut French Fries (Small) – Fried to perfection, I like them to have a golden “overdone” look to them and these had that!  They were crisp and good tasting.
OVERALL RATING - 3

Fried Chicken (12pc mixed bucket) – I have heard they have good chicken and well they do!  It was fried nicely, it was moist and juicy.  Had great flavors and crunch in the skin.  I was very happy with this chicken.
OVERALL RATING - 4


FINAL ACT…
Chick’N Lick’N is definitely a place to go for some homemade fried chicken goodness!  Not disappointed with this one at all.  Food was hot and fresh, tasted great and was enjoyed by the whole family.  The Customer service was good and the drive thru for pick up was an added bonus for on the run people!


Rating Scale:  1 = Bad, don’t waste your money!
                         2 = Just Alright
                         3 = Good, what it should be
                         4 = Excellent, more than expected
                         5 = Food Heaven, Oh So Scrumptious!



PLEASE NOTE:  All items are tasted within an hour of receiving them.  By doing this, it takes out any false claims that the freshness, temperature, texture, etc. where compromised by not tasting them when served.  All precautions are taken when preserving the “freshness” of the products I receive. 


Happy Tasting!
~Briar Rose

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment